Date:      Thu, 29 Oct 1998 19:01:24 -0500
From:      Alex Verstak <averstak@vt.edu>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Setting permissions on mounted Fat32

Salute!

Dante Cannarozzi wrote:
>     I'm running 3.0 and loving it...

How do you do that?!? My only attempt to make love with FreeBSD was
typing "make love" at the command prompt. It said: "make: Don't know how
to make love. Stop." ;~(

> So far Fat32 support has worked
> well, but I'm having trouble setting the permissions on the mounted
> drive.. I can change the permissions on the mount point (when it's not
> mounted) and that will affect the whole drive when it is mounted, but
> does anyone know if it's possible to change the permissions on a certain
> dir while it's mounted...

AFAIK, that's impossible. FAT32 does not support any permissions except
r/w. It's not the driver -- it's the structure of FAT32.

--
Drive safely!
Alex