Date:      Mon, 5 Jul 1999 09:03:50 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Terry Warner <keerf@www.netlabs.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Cc:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   /usr/libexec/elf/ld

Can someone possiably help me with this weird error I am getting .. I run X on my FreeBSD 3.2-STABLE machine .. and on X I have enlightenement .. which calls for some certain programs .. such as libjpeg .. fnlib .. Imlib and such

I tried upgrading some of the programs for Enlightenment .. Such as Eterm .. and when I ran ./configure .. I first got an error saying ImLib wasn't found or installed right .. Now I installed ImLib from the /usr/ports/graphics directory .. and Then when compiling I got this error /usr/libexec/elf/ld cannot open -ljpeg : No such file or directory .. The error was somewhat along that lines .. (I don't have it excatly infront of me at the moment) But the funny part is libjpeg is installed .. and I installed it from ports as well .. and I also installed it from the reg source file .. So This is what is confusing me .. so if someone could please respond to me .. and tell me what I can do .. and how I can fix this .. it would save me on trying to tear my hair out. :)

By The way .. I have also updated the lib cache and such .. and even tried editing the makefile .. so I don't know .. Well thanks in Advance.

Terry Warner
keerf@netlabs.net