Date:      Sat, 27 Apr 2013 22:16:18 +1200
From:      zulu <zulu@openvps.biz>
To:        Laurent Alebarde <l.alebarde@free.fr>, "freebsd-jail@freebsd.org" <freebsd-jail@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: state of the art ?

Have not used dummynet but a good starting point could be the =
official
IPFW Handbook section
http://www.freebsd.org/doc/handbo=
ok/firewalls-ipfw.html.

Just treat your jails as you would a =
physical host with firewall
rules. One caveat to watch out for is tha=
t after enabling IPFW on your
host all jails will have a default den=
y rule and each jail will need
to have a rule added to allow traffic=
 in/out.

Also make sure your bridge contains your real NIC if y=
ou want to talk
to hosts beyond your jail environment (standard netwo=
rking things -
man pages are your friends, ifconfig, bridge, route, =
etc.).=C2=A0

Cheers,

Peter=C2=A0 =C2=A0

O=
n Saturday, 27-04-2013 on 21:37 Laurent Alebarde wrote:

zulu =
 writes:
>=20
> Try and exclude altq and pf from kernel - make them=
 a loadable
module
> instead (just to rule out these).
> =

Thanks zulu, it works now. No crash, and I can ping my zjail. =

I think I am going to drop pf completely until it is officiall=
compatible
with VIMAGE, and use IPFW.=20

Do you hav=
e a good link please for basic and elaborate (including
dummynet)=

use of IPFW with zjails (I have not found very usefull things up to=

now) ?

Cheers,

Laurent.