Date:      Fri, 7 Dec 2001 15:25:11 -0800 (PST)
From:      Matthew Dillon <dillon@apollo.backplane.com>
To:        "Louis A. Mamakos" <louie@TransSys.COM>
Cc:        Sheldon Hearn <sheldonh@starjuice.net>, Kirk McKusick <mckusick@beastie.mckusick.com>, freebsd-arch@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Using a larger block size on large filesystems

:
:While we're gonna be changing the default file system characteristics,
:how about having sysinstall create a reasonable size root file system
:for today's disks?  I think that if we're installing on a multi-gigabyte
:disk, a 200MB root file system isn't imposing very much.
:
:louie

    I talked with Jordan about doing this a few months ago and he
    essentially gave the O.K.  (I think his exact words were 'go do it',
    but he tends to say that whenever anyone asks for a new feature in
    sysinstall).

    In any case, I think it's time has come.  I'll rework the sysinstall
    stuff today and put it up for comment.

					-Matt
					Matthew Dillon
					<dillon@backplane.com>