Date:      Thu, 26 Mar 2009 19:54:05 +0000
From:      Robert Kent <popdump@googlemail.com>
To:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: [HEADSUP] amd64 suspend/resume code to be comitted

Hi,

I've tried this patch on an Acer Ferrari 1100 (ATI IXP600, AMD tl66,
Radeon x1270, bge). =A0It partially works, I have to enable reset_video
and be in text mode. =A0However, when it resumes from suspend I get a
page fault ('kernel trap 12 with interrupts disabled'). =A0Also, after
the error the laptop tries to reboot: the screen goes blank just after
'Stopping CPUs', but then it just reboots multiple times whilst
keeping the screen blank until I remove the power and the battery.

I've tried using the most minimal amount of modules possible but this
doesn't help. =A0I'm currently in the process of recompiling the kernel
with debugging turned on. =A0 =A0Is there anything useful that I can
provide to help find the cause of this problem?

thanks

Rob