Date:      Tue, 2 Mar 2004 23:51:41 -0500
From:      Bob Johnson <bob89@bobj.org>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Email account utilization warning.

On Tuesday 02 March 2004 10:01 pm, fbsd_user <"fbsd_user"
<fbsd_user@a1poweruser.com>> wrote:
> Are you goofy, sending an virus alert and then say open an
> attachment. That's where virus live and get installed from. If you
> can not put your complete message in the text of the email body then
> this is not for real and gets deleted along with all the other spam
> and junk mail.

The message is from the virus, not from a human.  It's the Bagle.J
virus, appeared this afternoon (right after Bagle.I, of course).  It's
more convincing than most, so I expect to see some infected systems at
work tomorrow despite the fact that I sent a warning to all of our
users when the first copy arrived.  Argh.

See
http://us.mcafee.com/virusInfo/default.asp?id=description&virus_k=101071

- Bob

[blah blah blah...]