Date:      Mon, 12 Feb 1996 10:06:25 -0800 (PST)
From:      Doug White <dwhite@riley-net170-164.uoregon.edu>
To:        Jason Diesel <jason@dataware.de>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Boot Manager, how?

On Mon, 12 Feb 1996, Jason Diesel wrote:

> I'm a very proud user, of no less than 7 FreeBSD systems, of which
> I am very happy! I only have a couple of very basic questions:

I'm getting there, I have 4 to my credit.

> 1. The BootMgr, a really fantastic piece of software, that actually
> alows me to have 4 operating systems on my machine.... Is it only
> possible to install it at installation time?

(I think you meant after install..)

Yes, I believe if you go hunting on the cdrom under /tools you can find
them.  Look in /tools/dists, the full packages are there.

> 2. How can I reduce the fragementation on my slices? One of my machines
> is a www server, 24 hrs per day, and I need to maintain the disk,
> how can I get the fragmentation down?

fragmentation on the BSD Filesystem is somewhat odd, it's quite resistant
to fragmentation.  The only way to cure it that I know of is to back
everything up, newfs it and restore.

Internet:  dwhite@gladstone.uoregon.edu | Residence Networking Assistant