Date:      Thu, 16 Jul 1998 11:24:15 -0400 (EDT)
From:      "Ben \"LuNaTiC\" Carlson" <carls107@curly.cl.msu.edu>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Laptop and FreeBSD

Hi,

  I think I've read through most of the documentation for Free BSD, I have
a couple of questions regarding Laptops and FreeBSD.  I just bought a
FUJITSU 735DX P133 MMX w/cd & 56k modem.  It only has a 1.6 gig hard drive
on it and I wanted to keep win95 on it, I can add another harddrive to one
of the bays and I thought I could partion that out into a win95 partion
and a freebsd partion.  Would I need a special boot up disk to boot up
Freebsd?  Is my laptop compatiable with FreeBSD?  Do have any
recommendations on how to install both OS's ?

  Also just picked up a 3com 574  lan(ethernet) for the laptop, although I
didn't see it on your list of supposrt ethernet cards it looks like it
could work since you list quite a few 3 com ethernet cards.  Will the 3
com ethernet card work?

  I'm sorry about all the questions but I am kinda new at this new
operating system, I work with solaris 2.6 at work so I am very eager to
have something similar to work with on the road.

  THanks ever so much for you time and look forward to hearing from you.

				Ben Carlson