Date:      05 Sep 2002 09:38:46 +0000
From:      Wayne Pascoe <freebsd@penguinpowered.org.uk>
To:        "Chris Kulish" <lists@tekengine.net>
Cc:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: wireless nic+wired nic+same subnet

"Chris Kulish" <lists@tekengine.net> writes:

> Ok, I've been pulling my hair out this evening trying to get this to
> work right.
>
> I have a wireless pc card and a wired ethernet card in the same laptop,
> each with its own ip, but on the same subnet.  Currently, I have to
> disable one in rc.conf and reboot to get connectivity with the other.
> Is there any way to set this up, so that if the wired nic isn't plugged
> into the network and the wireless is, it will use the wireless, and vice
> versa?

I'm not sure I understand so I'm going to be a bit long winded. Are
you saying that you have something like the following in rc.conf:

ifconfig_fxp0="inet 192.168.1.2 netmask 255.255.255.0"
pccard_ifconfig="inet 192.168.1.3 netmask 255.255.255.0"

?

And that you have to comment one of these out and reboot for the other
to work ?

What is the output of doing
sync
sh /etc/rc

?

--
- Wayne Pascoe  -  http://www.penguinpowered.org.uk/wayne/
    BSD is for people who love UNIX; Linux is for