Date:      Thu, 24 Sep 1998 23:50:28 +0800
From:      Peter Wemm <peter@netplex.com.au>
To:        "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
Cc:        Andre Oppermann <oppermann@pipeline.ch>, current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/3.0-19980923-BETA/

"Jordan K. Hubbard" wrote:
> > cvs-30   (all commits related to 3.0 (aka -current, -beta, -stable etc)
> > cvs-22   (all commits related to 2.2.x (aka 2.2-stable etc)
>
> I'd prefer cvs-current and cvs-stable to numbered ones or we'll have
> to rename lists at the roll-over rather than simply transitioning the
> topics of discussion accordingly.

Yes, but what about 2.2-stable and 3.0-stable and 3.1-current? :-)

I seriously doubt that 2.2 branch development will just end because 3.0 is
released and becomes (at some point) the canonical -stable branch.   2.1.x
hung around for quite a while after 2.2 became 2.2-STABLE.

I think it'd be preferable to be able to subscribe to commits related to
the tree that you are running without having to worry about the rug
disappearing underneath your foot sometime down the track.

> - Jordan

Cheers,
-Peter
--