Date:      Thu, 20 Feb 2003 10:45:51 -0500 (EST)
From:      John Bleichert <syborg@stny.rr.com>
To:        Mike Meyer <mwm-dated-1046187769.dcc633@mired.org>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ODBC on FreeBSD

On Thu, 20 Feb 2003, Mike Meyer wrote:
> Subject: Re: ODBC on FreeBSD
> > Been off-list for a while. I have a functional PostgreSQL install. I've
> > written native apps to access it on Linux and BSD. WHat do I need to do on
> > the FBSD Postgres server to allow other hosts on the LAN to access it via
> > ODBC? I know I need to install the appropriate ODBC drivers on the
> > clients.

<snip>

Ok - it seems like as long as Postgres is listening on an appropriate TCP
port, all the ODBC work is on the client side. I'm going to try this out
on OSX. I can build the Postgres libraries native on OSX, but for yucks
I'm going to try out ODBC (I'll need to build the driver on OSX, that's
next).

Thanks for all the database help today!

JB

#  John Bleichert