Date:      Mon, 9 Mar 1998 02:00:00 -0600 (CST)
From:      Kevin Day <toasty@home.dragondata.com>
To:        toor@dyson.iquest.net (John S. Dyson)
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Cyrix MediaGX support under X?

> Kevin Day said:
> >
> > Has anyone been sucessful with getting a cyrix mediagx system to run X
> > windows? I can switch modes, and X appears to be running fine, but the
> > vertical sync is off by at least a factor of two....
> >
> Be careful also about system memory allocation.  I have had serious
> problems with the region between 512K and 640K, and so you might
> want to tell the system to avoid it.  This gave me fits for about
> 2wks.  (This is indeed on a MediaGX system.)

After a make buildworld -j4

/kernel: calcru: negative time: -4668 usec
/kernel: calcru: negative time: -8424 usec
/kernel: calcru: negative time: -1238 usec

Is this a big deal?

Also..... calcru has a lot of nasty divides and mod's in it... How often is
this called? I notice getrusage uses it, anywhere else frequently?

Is the exact precision of 1000000 needed, or could a >> 20 do nearly the
same thing? Or is this something that's hardly ever used?

(Or, am I too used to dealing with a 68000's eternal divide times? :))

Anyone? :)

Kevin