Date:      Thu, 1 Feb 2001 07:51:10 +0800
From:      "Alan Tsang" <atsang@hk.linkage.net>
To:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Unable to startx

Hi

I installed and setup the Release 4.2 but was unable to startx.

I followed the normal procedures, boot the installation floppies and
configured everything.

In the installation screen, I was able to use XF86Setup to configure the X,
started X server test and save the configuration file.

However, when I boot the installed system and tried to startx, I got message
"xf86OpenConsole: KDENABIO failed (operation not permitted).

Even worse, when I tried to reconfigure X using XF86Setup or inside
/stand/sysinstall, the configuration program just cannot start the X server
anymore.

I would be grateful if anyone can help on the issue.

Thanks

Alan Tsang