Date:      Fri, 19 Jun 1998 04:56:55 +0000
From:      Albert Kinderman <vcmgt00b@email.csun.edu>
To:        freebsd questions <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   PPP: Modem Reponses not "heard"

I have noticed that often my modem reponses are not heard by ppp.  For
example, ppp doesn't hear BUSY when there is a busy signal, and waits to
timeout before aborting and starting to redial.  Also, upon connection,
my modem is supposed to respond CONNECT 115200.  If I put 115200 as the
expected reponse, ppp often "hears" the response CONNECT but not the
115200.  If I put ONNE as the expected response, ppp often "hears"
115200 as the response, but not CONNECT.

I'm I just paranoid?  I don't have this problem with other operating
systems, so I believe the modem is actually responding properly with the
CONNECT 115200.

Al
--
Albert Kinderman                           Phone: (818) 677-4663
Department of Management Science                  (818) 677-3263