Date:      Thu, 20 Jan 2000 21:49:09 -0500 (EST)
From:      "John H. Baldwin" <jobaldwi@cslab.vt.edu>
To:        cjclark@home.com
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Recoverving/reviving a 'stale' subdisk under vinum

On Thu, 20 Jan 2000, Crist J. Clark wrote:

> > Any help is greatly appreciated.
>
> You have to 'stop' everything first. (I might be overkilling here, but
> better safe...)
>
> # vinum
> vinum> stop ftp_mirror.p0.s0 ftp_mirror.p0.s1
> vinum> stop -f ftp_mirror.p0.s2
> vinum> stop ftp_mirror.p0
> vinum> stop ftp_mirror
> vinum> start ftp_mirror
> vinum> l
> .
> .
> .
> [what happened?]

Ok, close enough, I did a stop of ftp_mirror and then a forced stop of
ftp_mirror.p0.s2, then started each indvidual subdisk and it is back
working again.  As for what happened, the disk went AWOL while the machine
was running.  It is back up and running now thankfully.

John Baldwin
jobaldwi@cslab.vt.edu