Date:      Thu, 21 Sep 2000 00:14:54 -0700
From:      "Crist J . Clark" <cjclark@reflexnet.net>
To:        Igor Serikov <bt@turtle.pangeatech.com>
Cc:        Alfred Perlstein <bright@wintelcom.net>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: openssh & FreeBSD 4.0: X11frorwarding

On Wed, Sep 20, 2000 at 10:03:37PM -0700, Igor Serikov wrote:

>   Alfred,
>
>  The settings are:
>
>   X11Forwarding yes
>   X11DisplayOffset 10
>
>  When the forwarding is disabled sshd rejects the request immediately.
>  The debugging message bellow is issued by the local ssh client
>  after it failed to match the protocol name (MIT_MAGIC-COOKIE-1).
>  When looking to tcpdump listing I couldnot find any place where
>  the cookie was sent to ssh-captured port. Yet, the client
>  itself works with old sshd on another machine. So, the problem
>  is obviously somewere on the server side.

Not necessarily. Like you say, you don't see the magic cookie. Not all
X applications support magic cookies (and they need to be supported by
the individual apps). What program is giving you the trouble? Does
something like a vanilla xterm also fail the same way?

But why this changed with a server upgrade... that is troubling.