Date:      Thu, 13 Aug 1998 23:04:52 -0400
From:      Nathan Dorfman <nathan@fcc.net>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Recording CD's

Okay, for starters, cdrecord won't detect my Yamaha CDRW4260 (yes,
it's in its supported list):

limbo# cdrecord -scanbus
Cdrecord release 1.6 Copyright (C) 1995-1998 Jörg Schilling
cdrecord: No target found.
limbo# cdrecord dev="0,2,0" -scanbus
Cdrecord release 1.6 Copyright (C) 1995-1998 Jörg Schilling
scsidev: '0,2,0'
scsibus: 0 target: 2 lun: 0
cdrecord: No target found.
limbo# dmesg | grep cd0
cd0 at scbus0 target 2 lun 0
cd0: <YAMAHA CRW4260 1.0h> type 5 removable SCSI 2
cd0: CD-ROM can't get the size
cd0: NOT READY asc:3a,1
cd0: NOT READY asc:3a,2
cd0: NOT READY asc:3a,2

I did make an ssc device. Don't know if I had to or not? I remember
seeing a while ago a page dedicated to making CDs under FreeBSD
using cdrecord and/or the worm driver. I'll be damned if I remember
the URL, and every search engine comes up with a bunch of crap...
anyone remember offhand? Anyone know what I'm missing? This is
-current, Yamaha CDRW4260. The host adapter is a 2940UW. Speaking of
which, will WORM have any problems with rewritable CD's?
--
  Nathan Dorfman            |    E-mail:  nathan@fcc.net
  Frontline Communications  |  Front desk: 914-623-8553: