Date:      Thu, 31 Aug 2000 20:52:23 +0930 (CST)
From:      marcd@internode.on.net
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   AWE64 and OSS drivers

Hi

I have an AWE64 running with FreeBSD 4.1-STABLE.

I've downloaded/purchased the OSS drivers as I want to use it's
Midi/wavetable.

However when I try to use the driver it causes a hard-lockup on
my system.  When I try and use programs like X11amp it comes
back and says that the device wasn't detected.

I'm also using XFree 3.3.6 with KDE-1.1.2

I've removed all sound card drivers from my kernel as well.

Thankx for any help

Marc

E-Mail: marcd@internode.on.net