Date:      Wed, 24 Jan 2001 10:54:22 -0600 (CST)
From:      Mike Meyer <mwm@mired.org>
To:        Steve M <slavik944@metconnect.com>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD vs linux (some venting)

Steve M <slavik944@metconnect.com> types:
> > FreeBSD has a long and stable history.  Although you don't like it, I think the
> > documentation is superb.
> If your refering to my opinion of the documentation,
> it's not so much that I dont like it as I am disappointed with
> some aspects.

Well, the really wonderful thing about open source projects - any of
them - is that you have access to everything you need to fix such
things. If you're disappointed with some aspects, figure out what
would make you happy - then *do* it. Submit the results as a PR, and
hopefully it will find it's way into the distribution.

If it's one of the published books, you need to talk to the author
about it. Greg at least seems to be listening to what you have to say
about his.

	<mike