Date:      Thu, 20 Jul 2000 11:13:26 -0700
From:      Shawn Ramsey <shawn@megadeth.org>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   qpopper

I was trying to get "bulletins" working in qpopper 2.53, and am now getting
the following error :

Thu Jul 20 11:02:00 2000 [77235] shawn99@shawn.megadeth.org: -ERR Unable to
proc
ess From lines (envelopes), change recognition modes.
Thu Jul 20 11:02:03 2000 [77267] shawn99@shawn.megadeth.org: -ERR Unable to
proc
ess From lines (envelopes), change recognition modes.

Now the funny thing is, I recompiled popper, moved it to a different name
than the running version, and changed inetd.conf to point to the new one.
Now, this is the OLD popper that had always worked. Now the old one doesn't
work since trying to get bulletins working. I deleted the bulletins
directory, and the .popbull file in /var/mail. What else could be going on?
I did not compile bulletins into the current running popper... had to go
back to cucipop until I get this resolved.

Thanks...