Date:      Thu, 12 Jul 2001 11:51:38 +0530
From:      Srinivasa Rao <srrao@india.hp.com>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Installation problems

Hi,

While trying to install free Bsd from "ftp2.au.freebsd.org" server, my
m/c gives following message
"Looking up host ***"
after few minutes, it gives error:
"Cannot resolve hostname ftp.au.freebsd.org" and asking whether network
configuration parameters are correct.
I tried to install using 'intel EtherExpress pro10/100 PCI Fst Ethernet
card" with HP brio ba210 H/W not having any os.
I followed the steps from installation guide.

These are the steps I followed:

kern.flp
mfsroot.flp
skip kernel configuration
/stand/sysinstall Main menu: standard
Fdisk partition editior: A,Q
Install Boot Manager for drive ad0: Standard
freeBsd DiskLabel  Editor: A, Q
Choose Distributions: 8 user(verage user)
esc
choose installation media: 2 FTP
Distribution site: ftp.au.freebsd.org
network interface information required: Intel EtherExpress 10/100
IPV6, DHCP configurations : no, no
Network configuration parameters: My test network confi. parameters.

Can any one tell if this procedure is wrong, else suggest the exact
procedure

Thanks in advance
-Srini