Date:      Sat, 26 Oct 2002 13:51:19 -0700
From:      David Schultz <dschultz@uclink.Berkeley.EDU>
To:        "M. Warner Losh" <imp@bsdimp.com>
Cc:        rittle@latour.rsch.comm.mot.com, current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Lack of real long double support

Thus spake M. Warner Losh <imp@bsdimp.com>:
> : No.  You should assume that for i386, at least, that long double will
> : have the right LDBL_ constants.  I've had them in my local tree for
> : about 3 months now and just haven't found the time to commit to
> : -current.  I'll find the time right now.
>
> I've committed the fix to the tree.  NetBSD uses these numbers, and
> I've been using these numbers on a large number of systems that we
> maintain at timing solutions (they were added to our local tree prior
> to the 4.5 release, and we've built hundreds of ports since then w/o
> any issues).  I've had them in my own personal p4 tree for 3 months
> with similar results.

I submitted patches for this back in May.  Could you please close
i386/38288?  While you're at it, you should probably patch IA64 as
well.  Other supported platforms should be okay, I think.  TIA.

(Every time this happens, someone comes along a month later and
tells me that _I'm_wrong_ about there ever being a bug.)