Date:      Wed, 4 Apr 2001 23:01:01 -0500
From:      Lucas Bergman <lucas@slb.to>
To:        "G. Jason Middleton" <gmiddl1@gl.umbc.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: dual boot win2k freebsd

> I have a seperate drive i wanna installed bsd on and use my machine as a
> unix workstation as well.  Does anyone have this setup running already?

Yes, lots of people.

> What is the best way to go about installing bsd to the second hard
> drive?  I will be using the floppies and doing an FTP install, just
> so you know that much and the second drive will be set up as a
> secondary master.

There's nothing special about it.  Check out the regular installation
instructions in the Handbook (at www.freebsd.org), and just setup your
FreeBSD disk slice(s) on your second disk when you're inside the
installation program.  During the process, the installation program
will give you a chance to install a little program in your master boot
record that will let you choose between Losedows and FreeBSD at boot
time.

Lucas