Date:      Sun, 07 Dec 2014 21:47:33 -0500
From:      Daniel Staal <DStaal@usa.net>
To:        Ernie Luzar <luzar722@gmail.com>, FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: How to report a spammer so SpamAssassin can filter it out

--As of December 7, 2014 9:06:14 PM +0800, Ernie Luzar is alleged to have
said:

> Hello list
>
> Keep getting spam email from some guy selling bulk solar panels.
> I know SpamAssassin has built in check of different places that provide
> list of known spam email addresses.
> Where can I find a list of places to notify them of this spam email
> address?   list@beawindhog.com

--As for the rest, it is mine.

There's several good ways to report this to Spamassassin - write a rule
that catches it, or contribute to their spam corpus so that they can test
rules against it, or use spamassassin's reporting features.

For the first, the best place to start is the Spamassassin mailing list:
> list-help: <mailto:users-help@spamassassin.apache.org>
> list-subscribe: <mailto:users-subscribe@spamassassin.apache.org>
(See also: <https://wiki.apache.org/spamassassin/FrequentlyAskedQuestions>,
as you're asking one of them.)

For the second, I'd still start with the mailing list, but instructions on
setup are here:
<https://wiki.apache.org/spamassassin/NightlyMassCheck>;
(Note they will want you to analyze all your mail - spam and ham - not just
a few messages.  Actual emails are not uploaded - just the record of what
rules your messages hit.)

The most direct answer for your question - in the FAQ above - is to use
Spamassassin's reporting features - `man spamassassin-run` lists them, or
as I said the FAQ above.  Short version: `spamassassin -r <
fullemailmessage.txt`  (Fuller details in the FAQ and man page.)

Daniel T. Staal

local copyright law.