Date:      Thu, 23 Mar 2000 20:10:38 +0000
From:      Ben Smithurst <ben@scientia.demon.co.uk>
To:        "Ing. Fernando Inukai" <finukai@aguamodelo.com.mx>
Cc:        Frebsd questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: error

Ing. Fernando Inukai wrote:

> Please explain what these errors mean, I this box as a server running samba 2.0.3
>
> xl0: promiscuous mode enabled
> ed1: promiscuous mode enabled

These are not errors, they simply mean some process used a bpf device
to open a network interface in promiscuous mode. Possibly the result of
you running tcpdump or a similar program. If you know you haven't run
tcpdump recently, you'll have to think of another reason.

> wd0: interrupt timeout (status 50<rdy,seekdone> error 1<no_dam>)
> wd0: wdtimeout() DMA status 4

This probably means your disk is dying, or you have a loose cable. Fix
the cable or replace the disk.

--
Ben Smithurst / ben@scientia.demon.co.uk / PGP: 0x99392F7D