Date:      Sun, 11 Apr 1999 23:43:06 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Alex Zepeda <garbanzo@hooked.net>
To:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Some ideas on the evolution of -CURRENT

On Mon, 12 Apr 1999, Oliver Fromme wrote:

>  >  - Fuller-featured sound drivers so we can nuke VoxWare once and for
>  >    all
>
> In particular, we need support for those newer PCI cards.
> However, I understand that it's very difficult to get docs
> from the manufacturers.  :-(

Well, if all else fails, tell the mfrs that you're interested in the
documentation, and explain why it would be worth their while. (Perhaps
some sort of works with chuck logo?).

One person alone might not pique their interest.  A few hundred people
explaining why they will not buy brand-x pci audio might.

- alex