Date:      Thu, 27 Jul 2000 14:38:38 +0100
From:      Tom Otermans <Tii@hotbot.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   booting 4.1AXP

Hello,

I'm new to freebsd, and trying to go from debian linux to freebsd. Exept
that I'm facing a problem during booting the 4.1AXP cd. The system is
getting as far as setting up SCSI drives and comes back with: Panic:
init must be set up first and automaticly reboots it. I'm using a DEC
3300 server (noritake), no exotic hardware (just the basic system, eth
and on board vga) and I boot via SRM. Linux works and boots without
problems. I've tried to boot the system via floppy, but also without any
succes, I get a trap error back which is too long to write down in 15
seconds.....
Well has anyone got suggestions ?

Thanks for your time,
Tom Otermans, student electronics