Date:      Thu, 7 Dec 2000 13:48:45 +0000 (GMT)
From:      Jan Grant <Jan.Grant@bristol.ac.uk>
To:        joro_tshte <joro_tshte@dir.bg>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: A Question

On Thu, 7 Dec 2000, joro_tshte wrote:

> Dear Sirs,
>
> I'm totally new in FreeBSD and that's why I would like to ask you a few
> questions. Until now I have used Red Hat Linux and Slackware Linux.
> What exactly is an ISO image? Can I /and how if it's so/ install FreeBSD
> by it?
> I hope you can help me. Thank you.

It's a bit-by-bit image of a CD. CD-burning software will let you make a
CD from it, which should (if your hardware/BIOS supports it) be directly
bootable. So you get the ISO, burn a CD and boot it, dropping you
straight into the install with all the bits and pieces you should need
available locally.

Tel +44(0)117 9287163 Fax +44 (0)117 9287112 RFC822 jan.grant@bris.ac.uk
If it's broken really badly - don't fix it either.