Date:      Sun, 1 Sep 2002 14:33:04 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Jerry McAllister <jerrymc@clunix.cl.msu.edu>
To:        j@pureftpd.org (Jedi/Sector One)
Cc:        bsd@mantas.lt (Mantas S.), misc@openbsd.org, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: a secure FTP server for BSD?

> On Sun, Sep 01, 2002 at 01:22:34PM +0200, Mantas S. wrote:
> > pureftpd
> > > proftp one of the best
>
>   These mailing-lists are not a place for trolling about which FTP server is
> the best. Just like free operating systems, the best one is the one you feel
> confortable with.
>
>   The great thing in free software is that you are _free_ to choose the
> software you want. Try anything, if it feets your needs, stick with it.

Politely asking people's advice is legitimate.  It is not the same
as making an infamtory remark just to incite flaming responses.

Now, if someone tries to turn what is otherwise a resonable question in
to a flame war, that is a different issue.  I don't know what the cutsie
buzz word for that would be.

////jerry