Date:      Wed, 20 Jun 2001 22:30:47 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Joe Clarke <marcus@marcuscom.com>
To:        Radhika Sambamurti <radhika_narendran@yahoo.com>
Cc:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: XFree86-4.03 Font server

I have XFree 4.0.3 and I'm using xfstt.  It works fine for me.  There may
be other alternatives, but this is what I was using in 3.3.6, and so I
just carried it over to 4.0.  Once you get xfstt installed, add:

FontPath   "unix/:7101"

to /etc/X11/XF86Config, and make sure xfstt starts before X.  I do this by
creating a xfstt.sh and a xserver.sh in /usr/X11R6/etc/rc.d.  the contents
of xfstt.sh are:

#!/bin/sh

PREFIX=/usr/X11R6

case "$1" in

start)
	${PREFIX}/bin/xfstt --sync >/dev/null
	${PREFIX}/bin/xfstt --user nobody --notcp --daemon && echo -n '
xfstt'
	;;
stop)
	/usr/bin/killall xfstt 2>/dev/null && echo -n ' xfstt'
	;;
*)
	echo "$0 start | stop"
	;;