Date:      Sun, 23 Jun 1996 12:26:45 +0200 (MET DST)
From:      Ollivier Robert <roberto@keltia.freenix.fr>
To:        michaelv@HeadCandy.com (Michael L. VanLoon -- HeadCandy.com)
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG (FreeBSD Hackers' list)
Subject:   Re: Longer usernames?

It seems that Michael L. VanLoon -- HeadCandy.com said:
> Kerberos isn't tied to a specific form of encryption.  It's been a
> long time since I looked at the kerberos source, or tried to build it,
> but I'm pretty sure you can plug in whatever encryption you want to
> use without too much effort.  And, basically that's for
> authentication, anyway.

Tickets are encrypted so it is not  just for authentication. Kerberos IV is
easy  to get outside  of  USA because eBones exists.   You can get eBones +
libdes as in the  foreign  secure dists  in South  Africa  but it is  still
Kerberos IV not V.  There is no  eBones for Kerberos V  and Kerberos IV has
been shown to be weak in some areas.

--
Ollivier ROBERT    -=- The daemon is FREE! -=-    roberto@keltia.freenix.fr
FreeBSD keltia.freenix.fr 2.2-CURRENT #11: Thu Jun 13 11:01:47 MET DST 1996