Date:      Fri, 5 Mar 2010 01:31:35 -0800 (PST)
From:      PseudoCylon <moonlightakkiy@yahoo.ca>
To:        bug-followup@FreeBSD.org, jhanna@pangolin-systems.com
Cc:        freebsd-gnats-submit@freebsd.org, freebsd-usb@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: usb/144423: if_run panic with USB-N13

>The files seem a little far from the current I am running, I just used=0A>=
the updates to the usbdevs file and the unlock-lock around the firmware loa=
d=0A>in if_run.c.=0AYes, there are some bits added to support RT3572 chipse=
ts. It would be greately appreciated if you try that file if it's not too m=
utch trouble.=0A=0A>The ASUS-N13 does work when a child wlan device is crea=
ted with it,=0A>but if just "ifconfig run0 up" is done there is a page faul=
t. I do=0A>not know if that is expected. This occurs with or without runfw.=
ko=0A>being loaded beforehand.=0AYes, "ifconfig run0 up" will cause page fa=
ult. The wlanN interface is should be created as an instance of the parent =
interface and used for actual communication. This is new feature to 8.0 and=
 9-current. My understanding is that if you create wlan and "ifconfig *wlan=
0* up", it works, but if you "ifconfig *run0* up", it causes panic. (Of cou=
rce without *. I'm trying to enphasize the point in plain text messeage.) T=
hat is what should happen. (Actually, result of "ifconfig *run0* up" is und=
efined.) "run0" should only be used when creating wlan.=0A=0AIf "ifconfig *=
wlan0* ..." is causing problem, please let us know.=0A=0A=0A      _________=
t Explorer=AE 8 - Faster, safer, easier.  Optimized for Yahoo!  Get it Now =
for Free! at http://downloads.yahoo.com/ca/internetexplorer/