Date:      Tue, 30 May 2000 10:46:34 +0200
From:      Martin Cracauer <cracauer@cons.org>
To:        d_f0rce@gmx.de
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Linking Linux object files under FreeBSD

In <28440.959613498@www19.gmx.net>, d_f0rce@gmx.de wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Can anyone tell me if it is possible to link object
> files which were compiled under Linux on a FreeBSD system.

Stricly speaking, yes, but you have to use one C library consistently,
that means, include files and library linked to must be from the same
OS/version.  Once one object files includes a Linux include file from
Linux libc, you have to link against Linux libs.

May I assume that you just didn't realize that you can link Linux
object files to Linux binaries using Linux libc under FreeBSD?  Use
the linux_devel port.  I has to be quite up-to-date, otherwise you
have to make sure you don't jump out of /compat/linux when the linker
searches for libraries.

Martin
--
Martin Cracauer <cracauer@cons.org> http://www.cons.org/cracauer/