Date:      Fri, 1 Dec 2006 13:10:44 +0000
From:      RW <fbsd06@mlists.homeunix.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: portmanager error: Error occured reading /usr/local/etc/pkgtools.conf

On Friday 01 December 2006 12:18, Willem Hendriks wrote:
> When i install any port with portmanager, i get the following
> error-message:
>
> <error message>
> ** Error occured reading /usr/local/etc/pkgtools.conf:

pkgtools.conf is the configuration file for portupgrade. Unfortunately the
developer of portmanager accepted some code from a user that enabled
portmanager to read some configuration from pkgtools.conf. Most of the things
that go in this file are better defined directly in make.conf, or using
sysutils/portconf, because they aren't specific to any build tool.

I would suggest you replace the file with the sample and try again. If that
fails try replacing it with an empty file