Date:      Wed, 23 Oct 2002 16:27:20 -0400
From:      Brian Jackson <b.k.jackson@verizon.net>
To:        Kris Kennaway <kris@obsecurity.org>
Cc:        Feng Li <fengli@kddia.com>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Is there any info about this type tftp daemon ?

Kris Kennaway wrote:

>      Files may be written
>      only if they already exist and are publicly writable.
> Kris

I know that on some old Sun systems I had to manage, I had to "touch
<filename>" and make sure it was writable before we could get files to
it.  In other words, make a 0 length file of the name of the file you
are trying to tftp to the server first, and when you do the transfer it
will overwrite it.  Might be the same issue?

Brian

--
b.k.jackson@verizon.net