Date:      Thu, 20 Aug 1998 19:45:48 -0400
From:      Leo Papandreou <leo@talcom.net>
To:        stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Intel EEPro Not Detecting on N440BX Server Board

On Thu, Aug 20, 1998 at 10:39:52AM -0600, Kris Efland wrote:
> To Whom it May Concern,
> I am trying to install FreeBSD via FTP, on a system with the Intel N440BX
> Server Board, however the on-board EtherExpress is not detecting

I assume you mean you cannot spot its signature on the screen as its
being probed during a boot, correct? If not, what evidence, in the way
of an error message, are you getting that indicates the FTP failed due
to undetected ethernet?

> and the
> only options to install, are a null modem cable, parallel port, or PPP
> Dial-Up.  Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

I didnt have this problem. The board works flawlessly with FreeBSD. As a
first step, check the bios to make sure the on-board ethernet is actually
enabled.