Date:      Sat, 28 Mar 1998 09:46:48 -0500
From:      Geoffrey Robinson <geoffr@globalserve.net>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Basic RealNetwork server for FreeBSD 2.2.x

Hi,
has anybody tried the Basic (free) RealNetwork server for FreeBSD 2.2.x
from RealAudio? I want to try it out with some friends but I can't get
it working. I got as far as un-archiving it but can't find further
install scripts and the documentation that came with it is a joke. I've
tried running anything that looks like it might start the server but I
always get some error like 'real audio server not found' or 'exec format
error. wrong architecture'.

Has anybody had any luck with this? I'm interested in knowing what
people think of it as well as what they've done with it. We want to
relay audio from a laptop with a sound card and a 28.8 dial up to our
server on a 1mb/s connection where it can be received by anybody
visiting out web site. Can this be done?

thanks

BTW: I've heard people mention RealAudio players for FreeBSD but I can't
seem to find one, particularly a Netscape plugin (all though anything
that lets me test the RealNetwork server will be fine).

thanks again

--
Geoffrey Robinson
geoffr@globalserve.net