Date:      Fri, 24 May 2002 11:09:50 +0200
From:      =?iso-8859-1?Q?Th.Schlo=DFbauer?= <info@schlossbauer.de>
To:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Fw: FreeBSD Router with ppp to DSL: can not connect from MS Clients to Internet; ping on MS Clients works - http, ftp don't works

Hi,

is there someone who can help me setting up a freebsd router for ms clients
(ppp with nat) ?

Hi Thomas,

On Thu, May 23, 2002 at 04:46:48PM +0200, Th.Schloßbauer wrote:
> Thanks,
>
> but I can ping Internet servers from the ms clients very well. "ping
> www.opel.de" is working fine. But http (browser) or ftp doesnt work on ms
> client machine (ping is based on icmp, so this works on other levels than
> http, ftp).
>
> I give you my ppp.conf, perhaps you can find something missing.
The ppp.conf file looks ok, perhaps it's the NAT setup that's causing
the problem?  I can't really help with natd issues - I use ipf/ipnat for
packet filtering/nat.  Do you have ppp/natd setup to handle NAT ok?

You might want to forward your reply to my mail on the mailing list - I
made a mistake and replied to you personally instead of to the list -
that way there's a chance someone else can help!

Regards,
Jez