Date:      Fri, 29 Oct 1999 13:51:34 -0300 (ADT)
From:      The Hermit Hacker <scrappy@hub.org>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   psmintr: out of sync?

I just got my boss moved over to FreeBSD from Windows, and we're having a
terrible time with X and mice ...

She has a PII system, and we've tried both a Logitech Mouseman and
MicroSoft Inteellimouse...we have her box hooked up through a console
switch, since, for now, she needs to shre her mouse/monitor/keyboard with
her old Microsoft machine...

If I reboot the machine and bring up X, no problems...if I switch to
Microsfot and back again, it starts to generate:

psmintr: out of sync (#### != ####)

error messages ...

I did a quick search through the archives, and found:

http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/getmsg.cgi?fetch=293190+294613+/usr/local/www/db/text/1999/freebsd-questions/19990704.freebsd-questions

But there doesn't appear to have been any resolution to the problem, or at
least none posted publicly...

The kernel is 3.3-STABLE as of yesterday, with a full 'make world'
done...with the following defining the PSM device:

# atkbdc0 controlls both the keyboard and the PS/2 mouse
controller      atkbdc0 at isa? port IO_KBD tty
device          atkbd0  at isa? tty irq 1
device          psm0    at isa? tty irq 12

I've used FreeBSD/X with a switch before, but with older kernels, and have
never seen this...

Solutions much appreciated...even suggestions? :)

Thanks...

Systems Administrator @ hub.org