Date:      Wed, 09 Sep 1998 20:25:30 -0600
From:      Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
To:        Darren Reed <avalon@coombs.anu.edu.au>
Cc:        jkh@time.cdrom.com (Jordan K. Hubbard), andrewr@slack.net, hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: 2.2.6 zp/tcp fuckups.

In message <199809092135.OAA22203@hub.freebsd.org> Darren Reed writes:
: So to hopefully improve the situation, I need to install PAO (pccard
: driver & pccardd ?) and use the ep driver which results in the card
: not being detected all the time after being suspended ?  Well, the
: later I can live with as it already doesn't come back to life properly
: after "apm -z" with a 100% reliability.

Which rev are you using?  -current used to have a problem with this
(as did -stable in the 2.2.6ish time frame I think), but I've not had
a failure in this part of the code for a long time.  The worst I've
ever had to do (since the big problems were fixed, still don't know
what they were) is remove and insert the card.

: is that before or after I do the moon dance, painted in goat's blood
: and smoking funny cigarettes whilst singing chants to some unholy god ? ;)

Hmmm.  What notebook are you using.  For the Libretto, things just
seem to work w/o too many hassles.  But that is for the Libretto, your
milage may vary.

Warner