Date:      Wed, 09 Feb 2005 10:41:11 -0800
From:      Nate Lawson <nate@root.org>
To:        cokane@cokane.org
Cc:        amd64@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: HEADSUP: cpufreq import complete, acpi_throttling changed

Coleman Kane wrote:
> Ooops. Sorry, I knew this. Uhm in that case, is the acpi_ppc driver
> being brought in, or similar functionality? I really like the
> auto-scaling that ppc does.

No, the framework only allows clean user and kernel control of levels.
You can use rc.conf to request a switch based on AC line transition but
this is only a partial solution.

I think we should have a powerd daemon that reads system load, disk IO,
etc. and makes scaling decisions as well as powers down ATA disks and
the like.  I do not plan to write this.

--
Nate