Date:      Sun, 17 Jun 2001 13:55:43 -0500
From:      Mike Meyer <mwm@mired.org>
To:        Dru <genisis@istar.ca>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: script not found in /usr/local/etc/rc.d

Dru <genisis@istar.ca> types:

> Hi Mike,
>
> Forgive the long post, as this time I'll include both scripts instead of
> sending them as attachments. (feel free to snip the appropriate portions)

No problem with the long post. Sending them direct to me as
attachments would work; it's sending attachments to -questions - or
any other freebsd- list - that doesn't work properly, as the digester
throws out the MIME headers.

Those scripts start fine for me - they complain about not being able
to open files, not about not being able to find the binary. My guess
is that the '#!/bin/sh' line in the mnwclient.sh script is mangled in
some way that is hidden by more. Try feeding it to sh directly. If
you've got a recent version of bash installed, try running it from
that as well - bash goes out of it's way to report bad interpreters.

	<mike