Date:      Fri, 20 Oct 1995 22:05:35 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Chuck Robey <chuckr@eng.umd.edu>
To:        ctm-announce@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Make screwup

I messed up the MD5 in a file, and it busted ctm for me.  Here's how I
did it:

I did a make on a machine I haven't updated for a while, and it failed.
I reported the bug (something missing in
/usr/src/share/man/man4/man4.i386/Makefile) and I manually fixed it, and
when ahead happily making away.   Someone committed a fix for it, so I
didn't worry about it any more.  I forgot to keep a copy of the
uncorrected makefile, tho.  Just now, when I went to bring that machine
back up to current, ctm failed real quick, when it hit the fix that had
gone in on that file, because when I manually corrected it, I had tossed
the MD5 in the can.

Is there some way I can fix this, without tranferring current all over
again?

Chuck Robey chuckr@eng.umd.edu, I run FreeBSD-current on n3lxx + Journey2

Three Accounts for the Super-users in the sky,
  Seven for the Operators in their halls of fame,
Nine for Ordinary Users doomed to crie,
  One for the Illegal Cracker with his evil game
In the Domains of Internet where the data lie.
  One Account to rule them all, One Account to watch them,
  One Account to make them all and in the network bind them.