Date:      Wed, 2 Nov 2005 19:04:00 -0500
From:      "Ryan Masse" <ryan@masse.biz>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   jre1.1.8 Class not found

I have installed the port 'jre' in which upon trying to execute a java class
I get a class not found error message.  Originally I thought it may be an
issue with the CLASSPATH, however everything is set as it should.

port installed to /usr/local/jre1.1.8

CLASSPATH =
.:/usr/local/jre1.1.8/lib/rt.jar:/usr/local/jre1.1.8/lib/i18n.jar
JAVA_HOME= /usr/local/jre1.1.8

I have a test class which consists of:

public class Hello {
        System.out.println("Hello World!");
    }
}

It compiles fine to the current directory to Hello.class

I try to execute it via $JAVA_HOME/bin/java Hello but get the class not
found error.

At this point I am at a loss.  Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Ryan