Date:      Wed, 20 Dec 2000 11:19:23 -0500 (EST)
From:      Thomas Good <tomg@mailhost.nrnet.org>
To:        Jonathan Pennington <john@coastalgeology.org>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Yahoo?

On Tue, 19 Dec 2000, Jonathan Pennington wrote:

> * Jeremiah Gowdy <jgowdy@home.com> [001219 20:56]:
> > I apologize to everyone else on this list but if someone had came on the
> > list using the word "nigger" or any other sort of bigotry, I would react the
> > same.  I am not a Christian, I know there are millions of other people out
> > there who are not Christians, and I don't see how someone could say "Why
>
> As a fellow non-christian (and one of those other things you mentioned
> up there as well) all I can say is "AMEN, BROTHER!"

I liked the 'flames' too...bigotry is a real problem - no matter what
guise it hides behind.  Everytime I see some zealot write in with a
silly complaint about how her/his state sanctioned monopoly (In God
We Tru$t, etc...) is being abused, ignored, so on...I find myself wondering
how this person would feel were s/he a member of a minority community.
Of course, she could be a lesbian woman of colour - but then I'd find
myself thinking: talk about denial, whoa!  Maybe she just likes typing?
Or looks for extra mail during the holidays?

The comments were colourful to be sure but this unit (the original author)
needs to fflush her headgear.  Reboot sister, you got a dirty page
stuck somewhere!

Happy Holidays folks,
Tom