Date:      Fri, 4 Feb 2000 01:55:36 -0800 (PST)
From:      Ask Bjoern Hansen <ask@valueclick.com>
To:        Chris Dillon <cdillon@wolves.k12.mo.us>
Cc:        Troy Kittrell <troyk@basspro.com>, Mark Holloway <mholloway@flashmail.com>, freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: O/T: Foundry

On Wed, 2 Feb 2000, Chris Dillon wrote:

> Last time someone showed one of these things to me, it was using a PPC
> processor, not an Alpha.  When did they change, and which one are they
> using right now?  Anyway, I was pretty impressed with it. :-)

I could only remember the login details for one several months old, but
yes, that one is a ppc.

telnet@lb01#sh ver
 SW: Version 05.0.03T12 Copyright (c) 1996-1999 Foundry Networks, Inc.
     Compiled on Jun 29 1999 at 10:56:44 labeled as SLB05003
 HW: ServerIron Switch, serial number 041890
 240 MHz Power PC processor 603 (revision 7) with 32756K bytes of DRAM
  16 100BaseT interfaces with Level 1 Transceiver LXT975
   2 GIGA uplink interfaces, SX

We have a bunch of them, and they work alright I think (not my
department). The cli is really lame, or at least the hours I played with
them it worn out my patience pretty fast.

 - ask

--
ask bjoern hansen - <http://www.netcetera.dk/~ask/>;
more than 70M impressions per day, <http://valueclick.com>;