Date:      Mon, 19 Feb 1996 11:55:19 -0700 (MST)
From:      Terry Lambert <terry@lambert.org>
To:        jkh@time.cdrom.com (Jordan K. Hubbard)
Cc:        terry@lambert.org, phk@critter.tfs.com, hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: News group split time?

> Since they also have the infinite amounts
> of time and vitriol only available to those who are over 30, have no
> jobs and still live with their parents, they win.

[ ... ]

> In a field of steaming fresh cow manure, the man with no nostrils
> is king! :-)

I don't live with my parents, and I have a real job.

However, I am over 30, and my sense of smell isn't what it used to be.

It is very tempting to bring the use of the word "unix" in news group
names to the attention of the trademark weenies at USL (who still owns
the trademark, they've just exclusively licensed it to X/Open).  Since
their only contact with the net is via "INTERNET%" email that shows up
in the CC:Mail mailboxes, it's not clear that they are aware of its
"misuse" (ie: any use by anyone other than their licensees).

They would probably be happy to have a handle to beat on uunet because
of the Rob Kolstad relationship (notice that BSDI is "using" the "unix
trademark" in violation of the consent decree by way of group naming).

					Terry Lambert
					terry@lambert.org
---
or previous employers.