Date:      Mon, 07 Oct 2002 12:51:53 -0400
From:      "Robert Withrow" <bwithrow@nortelnetworks.com>
To:        "Robert Withrow" <bwithrow@nortelnetworks.com>
Cc:        Clive Lin <clive@tongi.org>, freebsd-stable@freebsd.org, tlambert2@mindspring.com
Subject:   Re: Segfaults and bus errors in 4.6.2?

Man, am I read in the face!!!

I just got through writing that I had built a kernel with this:

:-   options DISABLE_PSE

but I just went and looked and found out I had edited GENERIC but built the
kernel with another config file:

<~>$ uname -v
FreeBSD 4.6.2-RELEASE #0: Wed Oct  2 16:52:28 EDT 2002     toor@tuva.engeast.baynetworks.com:/usr/src/sys/compile/GX240
<~>$ grep DISABLE_PSE /usr/src/sys/compile/GX240
<~>$ uptime
12:50PM  up 4 days, 18:02, 4 users, load averages: 0.00, 0.00, 0.00

Whoops!

So it appears as if the act of building the kernel with a config *identical* to
GENERIC made my problem go away!  Weird.  Is the distributed 4.6.2 kernel not
identical to one built with the distributed 4.6.2 GENERIC config?

Sorry for the bogus report.