Date:      Thu, 28 Dec 2006 16:20:03 -0400
From:      Duane Whitty <duane@dwlabs.ca>
To:        Jeremie Le Hen <jeremie@le-hen.org>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Locking fundamentals

On Thu, Dec 28, 2006 at 11:33:44AM +0100, Jeremie Le Hen wrote:
> Hi Duane,
>
> On Wed, Dec 20, 2006 at 12:18:43AM -0400, Duane Whitty wrote:
> > I have read the man pages describing each family of locks, John Baldwin's
> > BSDCon 2002 paper, Jeffrey Hsu's paper, the Arch handbook, and the source.
>
> Sorry for bugging you, but I would be glad if you could point me out
> these documents.

You're not bugging me at all; My apologies to the authors for not more
properly citing their work.

Baldwin, John H., Locking in the Multithreaded FreeBSD Kernel, 2002
BSDCon 2002 Paper
http://people.FreeBSD.org/~jhb
http://www.usenix.org/events/bsdcon02/full_papers/baldwin/baldwin_html/index.html

Hsu, Jeffrey, Reasoning about SMP in FreeBSD, 2003
BSDCon 2003 Paper
http://people.freebsd.org/~hsu
http://www.usenix.org/publications/library/proceedings/bsdcon03/tech/hsu.html

The FreeBSD Architecture Handbook
http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/arch-handbook/index.html

Another useful page of information regarding SMP on FreeBSD is
http://www.freebsd.org/smp/

Best Regards,

Duane Whitty