Date:      Tue, 4 Oct 2005 19:45:26 -0700
From:      "Darren Pilgrim" <dmp@bitfreak.org>
To:        "'Chuck Swiger'" <cswiger@mac.com>, "'Benjamin Rosenblum'" <ben@benswebs.com>
Cc:        net@freebsd.org
Subject:   Which em(4) chips work/don't work? [Was: RE: dummynet, em driver, device polling issues :-((]

From: Chuck Swiger

> People who have em NICs, and who do not have problems, probably do not
> report regularly that their Intel 10/100/1000 NIC works fine, even
> though it does, at least for them.  I've got a dozen or so machines
> with that hardware, and I haven't seen any problems with them.

I'd be interested in finding out the specific chips with which people are
(not) having success.  As em(4) supports an entire family of products,
rather than a single chip, it may be that some chips have quirks or other
gotchas the driver needs to address.  It certainly wouldn't be the first
occurance of revision-specific bugs.